Jim Butcher is a martial arts enthusiast with fifteen years of experience in various styles including Ryukyu Kempo, Tae Kwon Do, Gojo Shorei Ryu, and a sprinkling of Kung Fu. He is a skilled rider and has worked as a summer camp horse wrangler and performed in front of large audiences in both drill riding and stunt riding exhibitions.
Jim enjoys fencing, singing, bad science fiction movies and live-action gaming. He lives in Missouri with his wife, son, and a vicious guard dog.
Jim goes by the moniker Longshot in a number of online locales. He came by this name in the early 1990’s when he decided he would become a published author. Usually only 3 in 1000 who make such an attempt actually manage to become published; of those, only 1 in 10 make enough money to call it a living. The sale of a second series was the breakthrough that let him beat the long odds against attaining a career as a novelist.
All the same, he refuses to change his nickname. http://www.jim-butcher.com/
Jim Butcher will be participating in the following:
- Friday 7 pm Ellsemere West – Appearance at Opening Ceremonies
- Friday 8 pm ConSuite – Meet and Greet with Guests of Honour
- Friday 10 pm Franklin – I Love to Hate You
- Saturday 11 am Berczy A – Is the Stand Alone Novel an Endangered Format?
- Saturday 12 pm Ellsemere West – Magic in the Big City
- Saturday 3 pm Ellsemere East – Demons, Werewolves, and Necromancers
- Saturday 4 30 pm Berczy B – Mass Autograph Session (to 6 pm)
- Sunday 11 am Ellsemere East – The Force is With Mickey!
- Sunday 1 pm Ellsemere West – GoH Hour: Jim Butcher
- Sunday 2 pm Berczy A – Autograph Session (to 3:30)